1. Students can master the meaning and usage of “serious”, “immediately”, “appreciate” and “organized”.
2. After this lesson, students can know the way of introducing one person.
1. After this lesson, students will know how to get the main idea in listening.
2. Students are able to find the detailed information from intensive listening.
1. Students are able to get the interest of learning English.
2. Students can understand what a good teacher is like.
Teaching Key & Difficult Points
Make students know some new words and improve their ability of listening.
Improve their interest in learning English.
Step 1: Warming up
1. Greet students and talk about weather with them.
2. Show a video and introduce some great educators, then lead to our new lesson.(Tao Xingzhi’s educational theory: appreciation education)
Step 2: Pre-listenning
1. Ask students to list another educator, such as Confucius.
2. Tell students that our friend sent an e-mail to introduce his teacher, Mrs Chen, and invite them to get to know what kind of teacher she is.
Step 3: While-listening
1. Extensive listening
Let students listen to the listening material and ask students, “Can you use some words to describe Mrs. Chen? (serious, strict)”
2. Intensive listening
Read the passage for students and give them two questions before listening.
① How does the speaker prove that?
We don’t dare to say a word; she doesn’t smile; immediately do what she asks; we’re on time.
②Why do most of students appreciate Mrs. Chen?
Her teaching is so well organized and clear.
Explains exactly what is happening during scientific experiments.
Step 4: Post-listening
Discussion: give students 5 minutes to have a discussion in groups of four about what good qualities a good teacher should have, then rank them with 1, 2, 3...and tell why.
Step 5: Summary & Homework
Summary: ask a student to conclude the content of the lesson and summarize with the whole class.
Homework: search from the internet to find more great educators and make a list about their stories.